Goodness–where have the weeks gone? One minute I was furiously knitting Mother’s Day gifts and the next it was August.
Some kids are already back in school in Phoenix, which I simply cannot wrap my head around. We are still in the throes of summer, weather-wise, and we will remain so for another month at least. It doesn’t seem right to my Midwest-trained brain to be going back to school until there’s a chill in the early morning air.
Yarn has come and gone from the stash, and projects have been knitted, but at the moment it’s all a bit jumbled together like the contents of my project bag at the end of a project. In the photo up above we have a classic example. A shawl that had been living there for about a year, and when I finally bound off I found the following in the bag:
- Leftover yarn from the project but not all the leftover yarn from the project
- A notions bag containing notions that do not normally live in that bag but that also were not used for the project
- Hearing aid batteries (why not)
- Yarn from an entirely different project
- Single sheet of scrap paper
- Neither the pattern for the project nor the page protector used for the project pattern, which are in the house in two totally different locations