My blog friend and fellow crafter Courtney of Nobody Too just opened up an invitation to do a Q&A post. I am such a sucker for those sorts of things–like the little personality quizzes in fluffy magazines that you know are rigged but you complete anyways. Who doesn’t love ’em?!?
Anyways–here it goes. Hope it’s fun, Courtney!
1. If you could be one character from a film, who would it be and why?
Ooh…tough one. The only character that I wouldn’t demand any caveats (like swapping out a geriatric leading man, *coughRearWindowcough*) to be is Mia Wasikowska’s Jane Eyre. Does it count if she was a book character first?
2. What foods do you simply refuse to eat?
Mushrooms. I have a sensitivity to them now, but my family has all kinds of food allergies and I don’t want to find out the hard way the sensitivity has turned into a full-blown allergic reaction.
3. What’s your poison? (By which I mean, what’s your drink of choice?)
Apple cider. Preferably Strongbow, never Hornsby’s. And, before anyone goes and gets all shocked, I would like to have it known that one cider is better than two.
4. What’s your craziest concert memory?
Tokyo Police Club at the thankfully-now-defunct Anderson’s Fifth Estate. All thanks to Monita.
5. What’s your proudest achievement to date?
Publishing a research paper.
6. If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you want? (Bonus: what would you name it?)
A tapir. She would have a wading pool and her name would be Matilda.
7. If you didn’t live in your current country of residence, where would you want to live?
You say this like it would be a wrench to live elsewhere. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not dissing my relatively safe and stable country, but if there’s a spare ticket to a couple years in England, give me two seconds to grab my bag (see #8 below), and I’m there.
8. The zombie apocalypse is nigh. What do you pack in your go bag?
Melba, my knitting, several packets of McVitie’s dark-chocolate covered digestive biscuits, a notebook and pen, and my iPod.
9. What song/sound is your current ringtone?
“Noir.” It’s the iPhone version of the sound that plays in scary movies as something ominous is about to happen.
10. What’s your favorite holiday and how do you plan on celebrating?
Halloween, dressing up. Honestly–a holiday where your only obligation is to be creative and tank up on sweets. How is this not everyone’s favorite holiday?
11. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure movie?
Hmm…for me, just watching a movie is a guilty pleasure, but if I need a pick-me-upper, one of the first movies I reach for is Penelope